Modernization crane system
A Kolene plant ensures the final cleaning of the fine structures of castings in a foundry.
For this process the corresponding castings were collected in baskets and successively dipped in different chemicals of up to 480°C for a certain defined time period.
This plant processes several baskets simultaneously by moving them from station to station with two electric cranes.
Bromkamp has realized such a project as turn key supplier.
The mechanical and electrical scope comprised:
- Delivery of a wet dedusting system
- Replacement of the hydraulic system
- Delivery of a preheating furnace
- Replacement of the cranes with adaption of steel construction
- Replacement of gas burners including renewal of gas and air piping with state of the art instrumentation
- Safety Engineering including risk evaluation, -documentation and –validation
- Delivery of new safety equipment
- Renewal of the entire electrical equipment including cabling
- Entire mechanical and electrical engineering
- Erection and commissioning during a 2 week summer standstill