Energy saving project pusher furnace
A successful milling process requires homogeneous heating of the steel slab to 1150 °C.
The project at hand was a retro-fit of an existing gas heating push furnace for one of our customers. Achieving savings on energy consumption was a major goal in this successful project, which was reflected in the contractual financial arrangements.
In more detail, the project had several major goals including:
- Replacement of the basic automation functionality
- Implementation of a Level 2 system to monitor and control the heating process
- Integration of customers’ Level 3 systems to execute the orders
- Consistent material tracking and long term archiving of relevant process data
- Reduction of energy consumption of at least 5%
Thus having a return of invest < 1 year
For more details, please click the buttons below.